Saturday we woke up and felt so drained! No idea why. We hung out together and ate pancakes, then Jeffrey spent the rest of the day doing yard work (boo). We have a special friend stop by with supper for us and a memorial she made for Emma. It meant so much to us! She painted a paw print in chalk board paint so Hayden can color on it. She wrote in loving memory of Emma love Emilie and Ryan on the back. We loved it!
Sunday we loaded up for church. It was our turn to help with the Sunday brunch so we prepped and did that. Poor Hayden was a trooper through it. He was exhausted!
Sunday afternoon we finished up some more yard work then ate that yummy lasagna Emilie sent. I've been super sad today since a week ago was the last day I saw my angel. Just had a cry fest outside today. it feels amazing and I know she would have loved this weather! Still hurts knowing we dropped her off and was told she would be fine only to get a call Monday morning that she passed. We still need closure and I hope we get it soon. This week I hope.
We've gotten a lot of sweet cards. Though I HATE talking about it to anyone right now, it warms my heart to open a card or get a random text message from a friend with the simple words, I'm thinking and praying for you. It's funny how the people you don't expect to reach out are always the ones that do. We love Gods earth angels he sends us. Not just during this time in trial, but even during happy times. He is always providing, ALWAYS.
In the morning Hayden and I will be headed to Meridian for a night to see Maam and Doc. Hayden will, also, get his first hair cut! Wish we could stay longer so I could visit with some people, but it will be a super quick trip. Tomorrow marking the week anniversary of Emma will be a good time for me to get away for the night.
Just remember those small messages, cards, smiles, and waves mean a lot to people. Even if its a stranger it goes a long way. My plan tomorrow is to try and do something to make a stranger smile. What a great way to start your week off!




No comments:
Post a Comment