Monday, July 22, 2013

Rip Emma- this doesn't seem real

This doesn't seem real typing this. I feel like I am in a bad dream. This hit our family like a ton of bricks. Emma had done remarkable through surgery and was healing beautifully. She started to show signs of not doing well so we called and were assured its just the healing process. We called back as she seemed worse and brought her in last night. We were assured again just a change up of medicine and she would be fine. We left encouraged not worried one bit. Around 9 this morning I got the worst phone call. Emma has stopped breathing we are doing CPR but it doesn't look good. We have no idea what happened. Her blood work and chest X-rays done that morning were beyond perfect. I feel like my hearts been ripped out. Our sweet baby is no longer with us. This girl was a huge piece of our family. She's been through so much with me. I got Emma for my 21 birthday from my aunt and mom. She was the best birthday present. She went everywhere with me. We got Baxter for Emma and they were a perfect match from the start. She had such a special bond with Hayden too. He always called her by name and calls Baxter dog. It's so funny because Emma for one minute acted like a dog. She was a human! Her personality was like no other dogs. If you were upset she was there sniffing your face, if you made a loud noise it always got her super excited. She slept under the covers in the bed every night. She ran the house pretty much! Her favorite thing was playing with Jeffrey and her ball. Those sweet memories will be with us forever. My sweet baby has been through so many life changes with me; college, first job, marriage, baby. She has always been there, always. My heart is in a million pieces right now. I want her back so bad. I'm just so torn up and so sad. I know this too shall pass. Please pray for strength for Jeffrey and I. This is a tough process to swallow and to understand why and what went wrong. Here are some of my favorite pictures of my sweet Emma Grace.

Before her surgery 

After surgery! 

Home and doing great! Seeing the happiness in her eyes to be home and the excitement when she saw Baxter was amazing. 

Not feeling well. One of the last pictures of my angel.

After swimming in the lake at collinsville, one of her favorite places.


Merry Christmas!

Christmas in the mountains 

Emma loves her "grandma" more than anything 

Lap dog I mean human.


Playing at cheles in jackson was another one of her favorite places!

Loved "catch a fish"


Had to have her "baby" to sleep.

Big girl loved to play

I'm going to miss this angel face so much.




Dog beach wore her out! 

Muddy in collinsville 




Fashion show diva 


Right before all this began. I'd give anything to have this angel back here snoring next to me. Her love she has given over the past 8.5 years is amazing. If you own a dog you understand the pure love and joy pets bring. There was never a day she failed to make me smile. There was never a day she wasn't happy to see me, no matter what. These qualities are not constantly found in humans. Even when she was sick she tried to comfort me and love me. I want her back so bad and do not understand what happened or went wrong. I know we did everything we could for her. Please pray for strength for my family as we grieve the loss of our sweet baby. Hug yours a little tighter for Emma tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment