Friday, July 12, 2013

Anniversary!

I can not believe today is our 5 year anniversary! Wow! Thats a whole hands worth of years! Such an amazing milestone. Jeffrey is working today and I've been out selling frames for Southern Frayed. Today has been a blessed day for us. Jeffrey got to see Emma too! The Dr. Can't believe how quickly she is recovering. I get to see her early in the morning and I can't wait! Still praying for good pathology results as that is still weighing on us. 

Well it's funny thinking back when you got married how you will be spending your 5 year anniversary. I remember while on our honeymoon saying we wanted to go back to the Dominican in 5 years. Not happening. Not even a gift or dinner. We will eat pizza with mom and dad and Hayden at home, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it. Sure we would like to get away, but Gods showed us what we need to concentrate on right now and that's what we are doing! I'm so thankful for these humbling experiences.

I can not be more blessed with an amazing, Godly husband and father to Hayden. Jeffrey is the poster child for a perfect husband in my eyes. He supports me, encourages me, and most importantly loves me. I hate I don't have any "stuff" to give him to say thank you for the past 5 years, but that's what's great about Jeffrey. He truly doesn't want anything, just some time together. One day we will go out the two of us and enjoy it, but for now a wild one year old is in the mix. When we can go out just the two of us, we will miss Hayden being small and taking over every special occasion, so I can't say I'm too sad about it! 

Marriage is something so special to Jeffrey and I. We have an amazing bond and hope to show Hayden what a loving marriage looks like. Hayden has the absolute best role model of a daddy to learn from that's for sure. I just know his little wife one day will be so grateful for the example we try and set for him. Marriage is a struggle at times, don't get me wrong. It's not the amount of problems you are faced with, it's how you work through them. It's how you encourage each other. It's how you do things not because you have to, but want to for each other. Nothing in marriage should be expected but love and trust. No one should expect dinner on the table at a certain time, the house cleaned, grass cut etc. These expectations cause problems. Focus on loving each other and read the bible. It will remind you of your role in a marriage. Strive to be that husband or wife because you love the person, not because you have to. I love Jeffrey more and more for taking the promises we made 5 years ago and showing me them everyday. He makes me strive to be a better wife and mommy by his examples. I am so blessed.


Today's been an amazing day and I can't wait to hang out and eat pizza together. Thank you Jeffrey for being the honest God fearing husband and dada you are. 

We love you!!
Brittany, Hayden, Emma, & Baxter 


No comments:

Post a Comment