Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Does it really get easier? My outlook on this phrase.

Last night laying in bed Jeffrey and I were crying over sweet Emma. He asked me "does this ever get any easier?"  He said, "everyone says with time this gets better, I just don't see how!" My outlook on the phrase time heals all wounds is this. The missing them never ever gets easier. You will never miss them any less three years from now. I do think the normalcy of life without them gets easier. I think this is what is meant by that term. We are so routine in life and the shock of something being different and normal is so upsetting. I mean someone thats in your everyday life is no longer there. Day to day things remind us of little things they would have said or done (speaking of humans as well as animals in general) I think as time passes we develop a new normal and routine and it does get easier. I don't believe the missing and loving them ever gets easier. So we know with time our life as we knew it will take on a new normalcy and routine and this hurt will fade off some.

That being said there's  a greater thing that helps us above any normalcy or routine life can give us. I can feel those prayers of strength and patience for understanding right now. God always shows up when we are weak. He knows why this happened and feels we should trust. I know he understands as humans our normal life being rocked abruptly is hard, so he provides strength and comfort as he guides us onto a different normal path. 

I know losing a sweet friend in high school it was so shocking that normal things as talking to them, seeing them smile wouldn't happen here on Earth anymore. That shock in my normal life and routine hurt. My life went on and I did develop  a new normal routine meaning with time that awful hurt did get better. I do not miss them any less though! Things and memories will still make you smile thinking of them. I'm sure anyone who has lost a spouse can relate to this. They eventually move on and possibly remarry. I don't think one bit that love and memories of missing their loved one ever stopped, but their life went onto a different journey and with time and God, they were able to develop a new normal life. 

This is something we will deal with time and time again in life. This is not our eternal place so death will happen. We are here to do what God needs us to do then we will live eternally! I think God sends us these sweet pets to remind us what a pure non judge mental loving person should be like. Pretty amazing stuff. I love Emma for showing me that. I know I will see her again as I believe our dogs DO go to heaven. I know we will deal with this again, and it won't ever get any easier. But I do take comfort in the term it gets easier with time. I know God will place my family back on a new normal path of life soon. I know all our loved pets that have passed are in heaven. I know that if I want to see them one day my life has to be on the right path for eternal life. I know all things in life happen for a reason it's part of Gods plan. I know God will never forsake us. I take comfort tonight in these amazing things HE has given us. I know this too will get better with time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment