Friday, June 28, 2013

Rough days ending in wedding blessings

This week has been a tough one for our family. Our precious 8 year old bulldog has been very sick. If anyone has known Emma, she has always been super active. Her little muscles are starting to wear down and arthritis has set in. Our vet suggested to try mobic for it. The medicine had terrible side effects on Emma and was basically making her body shut down. She lost control of her bladder, one eye lost control, and she was very confused. It's miserable to watch and not understand. Well she's off that terrible medicine and back to herself somewhat. She is still in a lot of pain and falls down a lot. We are hoping Monday the vet will help her get on a different medicine for her poor arthritis and pain. Pray for my sweet angel that we do not have any negative things happen from new medication and it helps her. This baby has been with me through a lot. She's my first born after all. Keep our family in your thoughts as we get this worked out.
My three children.
Baby Emma

My parents came back a bit early from their west trip. We are so thankful they did actually. With taking care of a hurting sick puppy, a 1 year old, another dog that needs some attention too, and keeping up with daily things I'm worn slap out. I feel like I could sleep for a straight week right now. Oh and Hayden had shots this week! But guess what? Even when our life feels like its crumbling the world around us still moves on. Just because you are going through hard times doesn't mean everything else stops. Life must go on. Some of you may be thinking well I have a sick family member Etc it's just a dog. Don't be quick to judge, pain is pain. Your Pain is no less or worse than someone else's. With a lot of prayer and help from Jeffrey we are all still fed and clean! We still have people we need to check on and help. We still need to work Etc. It just reminds me to be kind to everyone I come in contact with. You never really know what's going on at home. Remember people don't walk around with signs that tell you I have a sick dying pet, my parents are sick, I'm having financial problems, I can't conceive a baby, I'm lonely, husband is at war etc. Life goes on and people depend on each other to be caring and gentle during these hard times. Keep this in mind today as you come in contact with others. 

This week, through all the chaos, we have two weddings to celebrate. So, Jeffrey and I are bravely leaving Emma and Hayden with my amazing parents and headed two different directions to weddings. Jeffrey and I hate to leave each other, much less Hayden and Emma in her state, but again Life goes on.. Jeffrey will be in New Orleans to celebrate Richard and Chelsey's wedding. Ill be in Memphis celebrating Catherine and Ryan's wedding. I'm so happy for these two sweet couples to start on the amazing journey as a married couple! Cheers to y'all!!  

As you go through today I challenge you to give a good morning, hello, or just a smile to someone. You never know the battles or wounds in their hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment