My last post was about my anxiety of leaving Hayden for the first time this weekend. God sure does have a funny way to ease my anxiety. We've been on a nap strike this week. That means those two naps he usually takes where I can do housework and eat something is gone! Needless to say my house is a wreck and I'm exhausted, ready for a little girls trip. It has been HOT outside so we've had to limit being outside as much this week. Maybe he wasn't getting enough energy out? This morning I was determined to wear him out! We woke up and ate breakfast. During breakfast we had a surprise. New Tec arrived! Tec is a tractor show on baby first TV. Mom and dad found a little red tractor at the dollar store a while back, and he is glued to that tractor. All of his other trucks are known As bund bunds. Not this one. He has a name, Tec. Tec takes a bath with him, eats with him, and sleeps with him. It's his little security blanket. So tec has been falling apart lately. We went back to the dollar store in a panic looking for another. Google and dollar store website nothing! After searching for a bit on Amazon I found it! One left in stock (or I would have bought another one). It's here and we are happy happy happy!
Back to operation wear the baby out. After breakfast we went to play as we usually do. Then we colored. He colors everything but the paper...
Next we finger painted with edible finger paint ( yogurt and one drop of food coloring).
What??? You can eat this stuff??
Edible finger paint was a success! He loved it! Thank goodness our high chair cover and straps come right off and we can throw them in the washer! The rest is nothing a wipe won't get up either!
Hayden was already just in a diaper so we took that off and went outside to the little pool I had filled up with water. Hayden, being the cautious child, Hates the pool unless someone is holding him. Well since this is a tiny kiddie pool I obviously can't squeeze In there with him. I wiggled him around long enough to get the yogurt off then he played around the pool. The dogs water bowl was more of a hit than the pool!
Notice tec? With him always!
Water bowl splashing is the best!
Changed, dry, and a snack (after refusing lunch) later we are watching Cars... He still isn't asleep though.. Fingers crossed..
I know one thing, nap or no nap, this little boy is so much fun! Being a mommy is really the best!
Stay tuned for Catherine's bachelorette beach trip post next!
No comments:
Post a Comment