We made it to Iowa and back in one piece. We got to Iowa Friday afternoon in time to unpack and head to the church. We practiced for the wedding then went to this cute little hotel for dinner. Everything went great! Jeffreys mom decorated it in a moon theme and it was all really pretty! Jeffrey and I both had a wonderful time Friday night and thought it was done very classy. Saturday morning came early for the girls! It was a busy, busy day for the bridal party. The guys hung out at the hotel while we got ready all day long! Kelly's friends did our hair so that was one less thing I had to worry about! They did a great job too! Everyone was so nice in Iowa and we had a great time hanging out together all day. Kelly has a great group of friends and family. Kelly looked so pretty and was ready to get the show on the road! We headed to the church for pictures then to an old church in a field for some outdoor pictures. The ceremony was perfect and now Kellys a Duckworth! She even had gerbers for flowers (my favorite) So happy for the both of them to finally be married! The reception was at this neat little ski lodge place. The wedding party came in on a ski lift! It was really pretty at the top of the lift. The reception was a lot of fun and really beautiful! I think it all turned out perfect!! We had a great time at the hotel all hanging out after the wedding. The poor lady at the front desk was so nice for letting us move into the breakfast room so we wouldn't wake up the entire hotel. Northern weddings are a tad different from a southern wedding(not saying it is a bad thing). They do their "leave" from the church and met everyone and thank them for coming at the church before the reception. The families shook hands with the guest as they made their way outside to ring cowbells for them to head out! They also sign their marriage license during the ceremony. The best man and maid of honor gives a speech at the reception (like the movies!) Jeffrey and Karen did a good job! The bride also has a personal attendant. This is basically her side kick to do anything and everything for her that day (loved that idea so the maid of honor can actually spend time with the bride instead of running around for her on the day) A few other differences but nothing too drastically different from what I was use to! It is pretty in Iowa! Lots of flat corn fields (though corn is nothing unfamiliar to us Mississippi folks). It was very clean with cute old homes and small towns. I did enjoy getting to see a new state and meet some new people but, there is no place like home! Glad to be back in the 'sip (as Webster calls it).
We got back really late last night and Jeffrey had to wake up at 4:30 for work. I feel so bad for him because I know he needs some rest! He goes none stop with no breaks. Poor guy! My house is a disaster(still)! We still have to deal with the floors being messed up and our window is still leaking water in the house. Hopefully today I can get the house cleaned up, unpacked, and clothes washed (sounds fun right?) so tomorrow I can go full force with lesson plans and getting things together for this school year. I can not believe school starts next week! I'm really excited, nervous, overwhelmed all together! My dad built me a podium for my classroom (thanks dad). I'm very thankful for all the help I've had from family getting things together! After I can get back in the swing of school, it will be football season. I CAN NOT WAIT! I'm so ready to be back in Starkville with all my friends on weekends! It's nice geting away from "life" those weekends! It will be something fun to look forward to! I hope all the teachers out there enjoy there last week of summer (or if you are like me enjoy getting things done all week for school!)
Pictures from the wedding will be added soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment