This week: open and close.
Review: We are continuing up and down, abc, 123.
Motor skills- We use a wipe box and some cotton balls to practice putting them inside and closing the container. Then we opened it. We did it about 5 times then he was over it. Tomorrow we will continue and add some new items to put in the container. We also work on close the doors in the house.
Music- We also sing the song open shut them. He loves music time. Singing and dancing to kid music before bed is always the best!
Art- we will be coloring the number 1 and letter A this week. We will also color with side walk chalk with abc 123. Hayden really just plays in the chalk for now.
Movement- we enjoy going around the house finding things to close. Doors cabinets, dryer etc. we have to practice where to put hands so we don't smash those sweet fingers!
we are also continuing practicing up and down standing up and down.
Reading- I don't have an open close book! I do have books with parts that allow them to close parts so we will use those. We will mainly just read whatever he picks for fun this week.
Outing- we may not do anything away from the house this week. I've been sick and so has Hayden so we will stick around here until next week!
He does well with up and down. And abc 123 identifying those when he feels like it. He needs more practice with those! I haven't been super creative with things to teach those. I need some ideas!!
So in the mix of all this tantrums 101.
This week Hayden's tantrums have escalated to a few a day to about 10. I'm sure those back teeth trying to come in aren't helping. My house looks like a disaster zone after this last tantrum. Hayden has always been an excellent eater. He's hit a phase where he refuses everything. So of course that's so stressful. He throws food everywhere. Thank goodness for Baxter our little vacuum. I'm stressed, he's stressed we all need a nap! I may just throw a little tantrum with him during the next one today.
My sweet monster is sleeping now. Whew! I'm using 15 minutes to wind down before attacking the disaster left from lunch.
This phase isn't fun. It makes our learning hard too. He gets so mad when he can't do something right away. Frustration comes out quickly. He's very independent and it bothers him when he can't do it himself. It makes for a hard toddler age, but I will be thankful for this trait when he is older.
I'm having to remind myself this phase will pass. I do love this age. Even if he is a stinker at times.
Hayden starts 2 a day montessori school next week! I am so excited for him, but it does make me a little sad! There will be 3 girls and 4 boys in his class. Ill update how that goes next week.
So cheers to temper tantrums! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment