This week we are going to work on hard and soft. We Are continuing ABC 123, open close, up and down. Hayden starts Montessori this week! He will be at school two days a week. At home we will be continuing to work on self help skills. I haven't done a great job at this. It's so much easier to just pick up the toy than fighting with a screaming 1 year old to pick it up! Hayden does help with laundry. He will put away 1 toy with us in the evening. He knows how to clean up his cabinet( Tupperware). I'm going to try and make him more responsible with knowing where shoes are, helping me pick out clothes, etc. I know in school he will be required to do A LOT by himself. He has to make his own snack serve himself and clean up afterwards! That is a lot for a 1 year old! its funny how they jist thrive in Montessori. I loved Montessori as a child. I love it even more as an educator and mom! You should google Montessori activities for (insert your kids age here) year old. So many easy things you can do at home with them! I love the independence it teaches them too.
Skill- hard and soft
With school starting we will work on this skill for 2 weeks. As far as this week we will keep it simple. He will explore a box of hard and soft items. Feeling and touching. We will practice open close with the container.
I will introduce hard and soft words this week by showing him an item. I will separate the items into two piles and allow him to explore reminding him of the words- hard/soft.
Reading- we will continue reading the ABC book. We also have two books with sensory parts. The books have hard and soft things to touch.
Art- we will paint bread this week! Thanks Pinterest! We will be sure to say the bread is soft!
Bread with milk and food coloring!
Music- nothing exciting but nursery rhyme cd and dancing.
I'm a little sad I won't have my baby a few hours a day twice a week, but so happy for this opportunity paw paw and LaLa has allowed him to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment