It's been a bittersweet week for me. I've decided to hang up my teaching hat to stay home with my sweet baby. I know its the right decision, but knowing you are giving up something that you have done for 7 years is tough. Any change is hard, especially one you have worked so hard to be able to do. Today when I drove away from Shannon Elementary for the last time, I was overwhelmed with all types of feelings. I've been there for the past 5 years and have made a lot of amazing friends. I'll miss my funny sweet kids making me laugh. I'll miss teaching them life lessons. More importantly I'll miss seeing them grow and prosper. Teaching is a rewarding and HARD job these days. Parents, I know schools out now, but you really should support your child's teacher when school starts back. An encouraging email, piece of chocolate, or offering to come help one day means the WORLD to the tired, overworked teachers. More and more is being required of teachers these days. I am proud of everyone I've taught with. These people really love their kids. I loved each one of my kids as they were my own! Just be sure and say thank you to a teacher!! I know I will enjoy every minute with my sweet baby boy. This is time I can not have back with him. I know next fall though, I'll be wondering how my sweet babies, now 4th graders, are doing! So here's to the next chapter in life!
Cheers!
Goodbye Shannon Elementary! A lot of amazing memories here. I'll miss my sweet coworkers and sweet kiddos!!
Southern frayed is in full swing now! If you haven't, go like the page on Facebook! I'm having a free giveaway right now for a frame.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun Holiday weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment