Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Fever!

The last few weeks have been really busy around the Duckworth house. We've been working in the yard a lot lately! If anyone would like to come help us lay sod for the third year please feel free to do so!! We will hopefully be doing this soon and will need all the help we can get. Our sweet puppy Baxter had surgery a week ago. He had a growth on his foot that has grown so we took him to see Dr. Morris(such a great vet). I left the vet in tears after he said Baxter needed surgery the following day and it could possibly be cancer. If you know Jeffrey and I at all you know that Baxter and Emma are our children! Jeffrey and I were both nervous wrecks the next day while he had surgery. Baxter did fine and a week later his lab results came in, CANCER FREE! We were so excited! Its been another story keeping him from licking his foot so it will get better. Thanks to mom and dad for puppy sitting everyday while we are at work!

Jeffrey has started a new position at work. We are both excited and nervous about this opportunity. I've always thought Jeffrey would be better with face to face contact with people! His first week went well. I'm sure it will take a little while for him to settle in, but I know he is going to be great at it! He always puts 100% into his work. So if you  need anything from tools, appliances, light fixtures, sinks, tubs, pipes (anything plumbing related) let him know!

Thursday we got to see Zac Brown Band in Starkville. It was a late concert and I need my sleep for work, but I couldn't pass this up! I'm so happy we went. He put on an amazing concert. He is so talented!!

This weekend we ventured into the Delta. It's been a while since we've both been back to the Delta. We decided to stop at the Crossroads and eat at Abe's in Clarksdale. Yes we were tourist and took pictures!!

Yes this was our ticket! Can you tell it was good?

The crossroads is where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil to be able to sing the Blues!

Continuing through the Delta we stopped in Cleveland for Ashley Pentecost's BIG day! I was so excited to see her get married! Ashley and I met freshman year in Rice Hall.We had the BEST hall freshman year! She was also a PHI MU with  me. I've always adored Ashley, but she played a key role in Jeffrey and I getting together. So here's that story:

One late night in Starkville Ashley and I walked to Starkville Cafe after being out. Jeffrey and his friend Chad walked in and sat at the booth behind us. We both knew both of them, so we asked them to join us. We had fun and all planned to go to the casino together soon (which caused us to all exchange numbers). After going our separate ways Jeffrey called us to come hang out at his apartment. Ashley and I decided we had nothing else to do at 2 am so why not! We went and hung out and played some game where you washed windows and whomever did it fastest won. It was hilarious at 2am. After that night we all went to the casino together then Jeffrey and I haven't been apart much since! So thanks Ashley for deciding to go "wash windows" at Jeffrey's apartment that night!

Ashley's wedding was perfect. She was stunning. It was so much fun getting to hang out with friends too. I've missed those girls! This weekend has reminded me how blessed we are. We both have such amazing friends that care about us and are so supportive! And even better are SO MUCH FUN! I couldn't of asked for a better weekend. On the way back we went a different way. We drove past Parchman so I could show Jeffrey where it was. Yes I know where Parchman is and yes I have been there , twice. In high school we went with school. It was scary!! I went to a private school with really good kids so we were all freaked out. After teaching alternative students for two years I felt they really needed to see the same thing we saw in high school. They have a program called scared straight for students to see what the future could hold if they make bad choices. It may be a little harsh but some people need that eye opener!

All in all it was a great weekend!!  Now the title of this blog, Spring Fever! Yes I have it bad! Working inside all day is so hard this time of the year. I just want to be outside relaxing! I'm so ready for summer break... Won't be long!

No comments:

Post a Comment