Friday at work I could barely sit still I was so excited for a break! I was literally counting down the minutes until freedom 2011! I don't know why, but I really needed a break from everything. So this is a recap of our spring break travels.
We started out by going to Jackson for the weekend. Jeffrey and I went to visit his grandma and grandpa in Monticello so we decided to stay in Jackson to cut down on driving time. We stayed with my aunt. It was a quick trip since we spent most of our time in Monticello visiting. We got to hang out with Wesley and Kelly too!
We came home for a few days before heading back to Jackson. Jeffrey worked Monday and Tuesday then took off the rest of the week. He needed a vacation about as much as I did. I was so excited to spend some time with him and have NO plans! While he worked those two days I was a busy bee. I got everything cleaned and a lot of errands run those few days. They were very productive! As soon as Jeffrey got off work Tuesday we hopped in the car and headed out. (of course our furry babies went with us)
Wednesday:
Jeffrey went back to Monticello to see his Grandpa and go out to their farm with him. They had a good time and it was a beautiful day! I on the other hand did NOTHING. I layed by the pool with the pups, read, and listened to my ipod. It was amazing. The weather was perfect and it was so peaceful! That night I had a girls night. Kelli, Anna, and I went to dinner then Target. We ended the night with a pedicure. It was so good to catch up with these girls!
Thursday:
We decided to roam around Jackson for the day. We slept in then had coffee and breakfast together. This was such a nice treat because Jeffrey leaves for work before I'm even awake so we never get to spend time toegther in the mornings! Its so nice to not feel rushed in the mornings. Your day goes much better when you have time to let yourself wake up and get going in the mornings. We went to stein mart first. Jeffrey doesn't like to shop but I've made him a fan of this store. I really wish Tupelo had one! You can get amazing deals (which I love a good deal). We ventured into DSW next. BIG mistake. I'm really glad Tupelo doesn't have a DSW. I'd be broke. I refrained from buying any shoes though! Very proud :) We went into a few more stores then ate lunch at Grants Kitchen. If you want a good vegetable lunch around Jackson this place was fabulous! My aunt suggested we get some people together (8 to be exact) and play this mystery game. We have never played this before or knew anything about it but we were excited about it. Its called How to host a mystery party. There are tons of different ones (usually different time periods). We were on a wild goose chase all over Jackson looking for this game and came up empty handed. Everyone kept saying no we don't have that but I've played and its so much fun. So we went online and found two on Amazon and had them shipped next day. Little did we know how serious this game is...
Friday:
Jeffrey went to play golf with his cousin for most of the day. Kelli came over and we laid by the pool all day. Crispy doesn't even describe how burnt I got! I am still miserable from being burned (yes I am a baby).It was so nice to hang out with kelli by the pool all day! Kelli and her husband Daniel were going to attend our "mystery murder" party. We were all excited. After reading about it more we realized it was a big deal. I was thinking it was a game like clue (which it is but much more detailed). The game comes with a dinner menu, invitations, and a list of 8 characters that you assign to each guest. You have a description of your character and outfit suggestions. So not only are you assigned a character to be you also have to dress up. We couldn't wait to get everyone picked out and start getting fun disco clothes to wear!
Saturday:
We woke up early and went to some garage sells with my aunt. I got some movies for my kids at school (rainy day recess). We next went to several thrift shops to seek out costumes for the game. Jeffrey was a famous 70's disco singer. His outfit was so funny. He wore shinny pants, some flowy top with shapes on it, platform shoes, and sunglasses. I'd put a picture of him up but he'd kill me. I was the conservative owner of the disco. My husband was the one who was killed. Everyone has scripts and you read information and ask questions based on the information you get to the other characters. You have to tell the truth when others ask you questions, but you want to keep as much about yourself hidden. My aunt ended up being the killer at the end of the game. We had the best time! I would definitely recommend this game to anyone. The only down side is once you play the game you can't play again because now you know who the killer is. But I guess you could pass it along to other friends to play. We got two so hopefully soon we can have a murder party in Tupelo soon!
Sunday:
I woke up so gloomy because I knew it was over. Spring break has come to an end! I'm so thankful Jeffrey and I got to spend so much time together this week. Now its back to work for both of us. We have 9 more weeks until summer break! This last 9 weeks will probably be the most stressful for me. MCT test will be here before we know it and I'm already panicing about them! We have lots to do before then! Our next adventure will be to a few weddings in April. Until then we will be boring old married people working in the yard and at the house! I hope everyone has a wonderful week and happy first day of spring!

im so glad that we got to be part of your Spring break! we miss you already!!
ReplyDelete