Saturday, March 5, 2011

Busy Bees

Its definately been a while since the last blog. Since the new year work has kept both of us busy during the week and something is always going on during the weekends! My brother, Michael, his wife, Sterling, and daughter, Lauren, came to visit us two weekends ago. They live in D.C. so we never get to see them. We had the BEST time! Lauren is a high school senior and is checking out colleges. Ohh to be a future freshman again! We took them to Starkville on Saturday to show them around. It was a perfect day to walk around campus. We ate at Little Dooey then had yogurt! Perfect day! I look forward to them coming back soon or us making the trip to DC. Last weekend we had a wedding shower for Eron at our house. It was perfect weather and everything went great. Lots of great food, wine and friends. I can't wait for Eron's beach wedding at the end of April. We also made the trip to Jackson last weekend. Busy weekend for sure! This weekend we plan on getting things done here. I've spent the day writing lesson plans and Jeffreys tinkering with things around the house (Lord help us). I guess a gloomy rainy day is what we needed to make ourselves get things done inside.

Spring is among us!
It has been so pretty outside lately(except for today). I love seeing all the pretty trees on the way to work! Speaking of work I have 5 more days until spring break. I am so ready for a break to relax and clear my mind! We are going to Jackson to see my aunt. We figured a low key, low cost spring break is what we needed. We always have the best time at my aunts. She has a fun house with a great pool! We will get to hang out with lots of friends in Jackson while we are there too. Hopefully during spring break I can clean up the yard a litle more and possibly plant some new things! It may be too soon but hopefully not! I'm so ready to get back in the yard and start cleaning up things. I'm definately not looking forward to laying more sod. We had to get a tree cut down and the truck that came into the yard tore up the grass. This will be the third year we've layed sod. I'm becoming a pro. I will take and volunteer help with that I can get!! Its hard work but great exercise!

We have a lot of fun spring weddings coming up, a Zac Brown Band concert, and trips to Jackson to look forward to! Before we know it I'll be out for summer (count down has begun). We are very blessed right now seeing how God is doing great things for the both of us in our lives right now. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment