We are coming closer and closer to September (yay football) and I couldn't be happier. September is always a good month because we get to watch football and a hint of cooler weather starts to appear! Fall is always so pretty and the skies are always so blue! The weather here has been awful! I love being outside and its been so miserable you can't be out there long. I can not wait until it cools off a little. I'm not a fan of cold but just a little cooler would be so nice!
Teaching has been fun and stressful all together this year. I'm exhausted every day but so excited to wake up and go back the next day. I still have so much to get done along with teaching, grading, and dealing with parents each day! It really is the best job! I have my gripes about testing (NCLB) but all in all its what I'm supposed to be doing. I love my sweet babies and that they love coming to school still. I'm sure with time and once things are all set up and working things will calm down (some). I'm thankful for Jeffreys help! He has helped me organize and get papers graded and in the grade book several nights this week. Without his help I'd be working way past 7:00 (which its been about that time each night lately). I'm so glad I got started on my lesson plans this summer! That has helped so much. I work for a wonderful school with wonderful supportive people so I couldn't be happier!
Jeffrey and I plan to tackle a few projects this fall around the house. We need to get the yard cleaned up, seal brick, seal the fence, cut down a few trees, put up a back splash in the kitchen, and start to decide what to do in our bedroom. Our bedroom has really been neglected (due to funds) and whatever we had around was thrown in there. We have one set of drawers to share, two bedside tables, and a bed. We are over flowing from lack of drawers! I'm going to start looking at garage sales and flea markets for furniture I can re do. I'm thinking about doing it all distressed (my favorite). If anyone has any good flea markets to check out let me know!! As far as the back splash in the kitchen, we are clueless!! I have no idea what colors or even how to begin! In between football games on the weekends and projects around the house we will be busy!! We have one friend having a baby and another one getting married, and cousin having a wedding ceremony this fall which is all exciting! I look forward to everything we have going on and WELCOME this cooler weather that better be on its way soon!
My friend Jodie introduced me to this fabulous skin care stuff called NUSKIN. I absolutely LOVE it. She set me up as a distributor so I can help you get anything you need. If you would like to try anything please let me know!! Check out their stuff online http://www.nuskin.com/.
Won't be long until we are back in Starkville with friends on the weekends! I can not tell you how excited I am for football season to get here. We really miss Starkville (even though we are so close). I know a lot of people say its not the same once you graduate but I just love the small town! There is always something going on with the university too! I think I'd miss having malls and certain stores around living there but I'd get over that. Plus Sarah, Jodie, and a few other friends are still close by! Maybe one day!




No comments:
Post a Comment