So today was my last day of summer!! I can not believe its already over. I haven't had much relaxing this summer, but it has been a good one! I'm very thankful for my time off to get stuff done! We (teachers) go back to work tomorrow. We will probably be in meetings most of the time. I have so much to finish up with lesson plans, copies, and setting up all the computer programs. Looks like my next few weeks (and weekends) will be devoted to none stop work! I'm very thankful for a job with people I enjoy working with! Since I'm switching positions this year I'm going to miss my "lunch bunch" crew and morning meetings with the nurse and speech teacher! Hopefully they won't forget about me and come see me often in 5th grade! We really have a good bunch at school! As far as what I did today : nothing I went to my parents and ate lunch and layed around all day. It was wonderful! My poor pups will be so sad that I'm not going to be home with them all the time anymore! I'm glad mom is going to come get them for a little while until they get back into the swing of things too (emma has been refusing to get up and go outside before jeffrey leaves lately).
Update on the house: The floors are still messed up and our window is still leaking a little when it rains. Insurance company won't replace the floors since the leak has been on going for a while and said it was our builders responsibility. Its been so frustrating because he doesn't seem to want to help and now we have these beautiful floors ruined with no one wanting to fix them. Looks like another thing we get to pay for! It will have to wait until after medical bills get paid off and a few big dead trees get cut down!
Jeffrey is back in his routine of waking up at 4:30 for work (yes thats AM). After vacation its always so hard to get back going with your routine! I don't think I could wake up that early but he never complains. He always comes home willing to help out around the house with anything too. Couldn't ask for a better husband!
Other than a few things going wrong lately everything is going great for us! We are both with jobs happy and healthy! I think we are both very anxious for football season to get here! I hope its a good season for the bulldogs! We will be tailgating with the same crew from last year. We had the best group I thought!
Say a little prayer for me Thursday as my students arrive for a wonderful school year! Good luck to all the teachers out there getting ready to do one of the hardest, time consuming, underpaid, most rewarding and important job out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment