Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We have gotten in the Christmas spirit a little early. We will be gone to Florida the whole week of Thanksgiving so I had to decorate early. I love everything about Christmas! I love the music, decorations, food, and being with family and friends. We have decided not to exchange presents this year and I'm excited about that. Not only will that be a huge money saver for us it will also reduce the stress of shopping! We will be able to focus more on enjoying each other instead of stressing about gifts and getting in all of that holiday traffic! The biggest plus of the holiday is getting off for 2 weeks (sorry Jeffrey). I'm excited to be at our house this year to celebrate Christmas. We went to the mountains last year and had the best time! This year my family is going to Austin but Jeffrey has to work since we are taking off for Thanksgiving so we will have a quiet low key Christmas here. Here are a few pictures of our decorations we've put up:
The kitchen


dining room


christmas villages

living room mantle. It looks like it is on fire!

I love our HUGE tree. Thanks mom and dad!! It goes perfect in our house since we have such tall ceilings.


the tree looks so pretty from the road! Love it!
As you can tell I'm a little obsessed with decorations. We have wreaths up on our walls inside and cute stockings on the outside of all the doors in the house (this was just done so no pictures of that stuff). Jeffrey complained that it was way too early to have this stuff up but I think he secretly is loving that I put it up early.  We are really counting down the days this week. I know thats a bad things to do but we are excited to be able to go on a vacation. My cousin is having a wedding ceremony in Pensacola, FL the Saturday after thanksgiving so we rented a house on the beach and will be headed down there next week! If I can only make it through this busy busy week at work! We will be headed to Starkville next weekend before the beach to cheer on the bulldogs at their last home game. I'm really hoping for a win after last nights game. I can not believe football season is comign to an end. We already have bowl tickets preordered. I'm really hoping for Atlanta(its inside) or Nashville (because its so much fun during New Years). Pictures and a blog will come soon after our trip! Going anywhere with my family is always an entertaining time so we can't wait. Hope you enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment